Today we can observe people lying in two categories, either there are people who are mindlessly eating whatever is easily available, not being conscious about the deficiencies offered by processed and junk foods. Or second category involves diet freaks, people who are extra conscious about each and every calorie they intake. They either go on pure vegetarian diet to avoid fats, thus neglecting protein demands of our body, or they simply cut off carbohydrate and intake large protein portion in all the meals, calculating the reduced low carb intake.
But one thing we often forget, what we being taught from primary classes, the balanced diet. The diet containing proteins, carbohydrates, fats, calcium, minerals, vitamin and fibers. A diet should not be just for 2 weeks to lose 5 pound weight, instead it should be our daily routine which we can enjoy in longer run of life.it should be flexible enough that we can easily adopt and we don’t get burdened by the restrictions.
Mindful eating or being aware of what you are eating is very important. Each meal has great impact on our health, we cannot neglect the importance of having a healthy breakfast containing dairy products, whole grains and fresh fruit juices. After a healthy start our body needs meat, fish and other proteins in adequate amount in lunch and dinner daily. Similarly carbohydrates and fats are essential too for a proper healthy diet.
Choosing the right eating plan does not mean very strict restriction on your favorite food and starving by cutting down fats and sugars.so for a proper balanced diet following plan should be kept in mind:
- Choosing the right carbohydrate to fill your plate is very necessary. Carbohydrates provides us the energy to do our daily routine work.so taking them in small portions is must in every meal. But they should be carefully selected because only unrefined carbs are good for our body such as brown bread, whole grains and leafy vegetables because they get slowly digested and are high in minerals and fibers content.
- Secondly protein are the building block of our body. They are required for growth, building muscles, providing energy for living and they also keep immune system function properly. Our meals should contain a portion of protein whether we obtain it from poultry, fish, or red meat as preferred.
- After getting the above two major portions in our diet, there are several other nutrients which our essential for our daily routine. When we think about healthy diet we try to avoid fats, but all fats are not the same.it is important to raise good cholesterol in our body to lower the harmful effects of bad fats going unconsciously in our diet. Fats are necessary to absorb vitamins and protect our heart and brain from diseases. For this purpose we can add olive oil, nuts, fish other seed oil in our daily diet.
- Similarly the importance of calcium intake cannot be neglected .people nowadays are getting osteoporosis from a very young age and facing the aging signs much earlier because of calcium deficiency.to avoid taking calcium supplements and tablets the best solution is to practice a balanced diet .taking fresh calcium intake from leafy green vegetables, fish, oat meal, grains, beans salads and most important milk and dairy products.
- Lastly for proper digestion of all the nutrients, fiber is very important.it does not only aids in digestion but it also adds bulk to our diet.it does not get directly digested but fulfills our food cravings.so people looking for strict diet can go for this option.it also improves our digestive health, heart diseases, diabetes and reduces the risk of cancer.
Once you know the importance of all the nutrients of a balanced diet, you can freely adopt any diet implementing above tips. Eating mind fully helps to fulfil your food cravings in calculated amount not neglecting any essential nutrients in hurry or specific short term goals. .one may expect to have a proper eating plan for weight loss, others may require to control health issues like excessive cholesterol and heart diseases.so plan your diet according to your demands and work schedule so that you easily manage to implement it and get very best out of it.